Austin Counseling & Supervision Services
Dr. Brian L. Vasquez, PhD, Austin Psychologist
I provide individual, couples and group therapy services for adults and adolescents in the Austin and Lakeway area.
I've provided supervision for over 10 years - whether it was for individual or group therapy, or with beginning practicum students or seasoned Post-Docs. I currently provide supervision for Post-Docs in a private practice setting and focus on fine-tuning therapy skills, obtaining licensure (EPPP, Ethics Exam, and Oral Exam preparation), and the process of building a private practice (marketing, websites, navigating insurance, etc.) among other things.
For more information - Click Here.
call to set up your
Free, Private Consultation
Therapy Services: Concerns in Which I Have Experience:
Approach To Counseling
There are many facets of counseling that lead to a successful experience, and I work hard ensuring they are present. A good relationship between the client and therapist or “fit” is an essential element of therapy. Simply put, you have to like your counselor otherwise therapy will not be as effective. Other important components include:
- Creating a supportive and comfortable environment, making your therapy sessions a safe place for self-exploration, self-expression, and to work towards change.
- Establishing a strong collaborative relationship in which you and I work together exploring your areas of concern and determining your treatment goals.
- Focusing and building upon your inherent strengths and resources, not just your problem areas, to help with your current struggles.
- Assisting clients in gaining a deeper understanding of themselves, which can help facilitate more satisfying interpersonal relationships - romantic, social and family.
- Emphasizing the important connections between thoughts, behavior, and emotions.
Because each individual client is unique, there is no one-size-fits-all technique that will help create change. My extensive education and years of training help me use many therapeutic techniques shown through research to be effective for an array of clients and their concerns.
So, while my practice is based upon cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal process as well as psychodynamic aspects, I also use other techniques frequently to help achieve your goals.